With the commercial Internet in the early 1990's then the term Electronic Commerce. The reason for the rapid development of these technologies for the development of networks, software, increased competition and other business pressures.
Definition, E-Commerce from several perspectives:
1. Communications, E-Commerce is an information delivery, product / service, or other electronic means.
2. Business processes, E-Commerce is the application of technology towards the automation of transactions and the company's work flow.
3. Service E-Commerce is a tool that meets the company's desire, consumer and management in cutting costs while improving service quality of goods and speed of service.
4. Online, E-Commerce related to the sale of capacity and product information on the Internet and other online services.
Classification of E-Commerce:
1. Business to Business (B2B)E-Commerce type include inter-organizational transactions carried out in Electronic market.
2. Business to Customer (B2C)Retail transactions with individual buyers.
3. Customer to Customer (C2C)Consumers sell directly to other consumers. Or advertise their services on the Internet.
4. Customer to Business (C2B)Individuals who sell products / services to organizations, individuals who seek sellers, interact and agree on a transaction.
5. Nonbusiness E-commerceNon-academic institutions such as businesses, organizations, orgasnisasi religious, social organizations and government agencies that use different types of E-Commerce to reduce operating costs and to improve public services
6. Intrabusiness (organiszational) E-commerceThis category is all the internal activities of organizations, usually run at the internet that involves the exchange of goods, services / information.